Sunday, May 27, 2007

Project

I'm starting to form the the plan of novels I want to re-read and develop ideas from.

Damaged Goods - of course, but I'll leave this for last.

Two Cornell novels...
No Future - Read, and I'm interested in looking at the other alternate universe books... but perhaps a better track would be looking at the other Cornell novels.

Human Nature - Halfway through, some really great ideas from here, trying not to consider how this plays with the adaptation, not until much later. But i can't... Love and Pain!

If I have time, I would also go with Timewyrm: Revelation and Love and War. In light of Father Day's I keep seeing death/Death as a common thread in Paul's work. He has a yin for the big sleep. I think it would be worth exploring, and I've got Orpheus as a mythic frame to discuss this, I'd even think it would be a great opportunity to throw Buffy in.

Two Orman and two Aaronovich novels... I thought Return of the Living Dad - here would be able to explore ideas of family and home in comparison with the new series... perhaps a comparison with Father's Day.

Either The Left-Handed Hummingbird, The Room with No Doors or So Vile A Sin

This would be good to read in conjunction with two Aaronovitch Transit and The Also People. So Vile a Sin also looks at themes of family and as the battleground for modern politics - its an important theme to explore, one which the new series was very conscious of.

No comments: