Monday, April 30, 2007

Physicality

Another issue I have yet to resolve is with the equality of movement. This is the physical act that is present in both stories of Orpheus and Lot and I find the movement striking. It has a resonance with me and its a movement that even recently I experienced when watching 300 as Dilios (David Whenham) leaves for Sparta to become the narrator for the 300.

What I think it is I feel is a mimetic resonance. I can feel the physical sensation of twisting my torso, the muscles in my back tighten, I strain my neck to look over my shoulder, wondering how much more I have to twist to accommodate my vision. It is an effort but it also makes me vulnerable. I could fall, I could run into something or someone. The act runs opposite to all the different ways the body operates.

No comments: